As a supplement to our Terms and Conditions of Use, we’ve provided a breakdown of our network management policies in relation to the FCC’s November 2011 ruling on Net Neutrality. These policies have not changed as a result of the ruling, we are simply required to detail them in compliance with FCC regulations. The full in-compliance document may be found below.
Lindalink LLC supports a free and open internet. We do not inspect, modify, or limit the content customers access online. The rules against blocking and unreasonable discrimination are subject to reasonable network management.
Per the FCC rules submitted Friday, September 23rd, 2011 (and effective as of Monday, June 11th, 2018), the following three rules are adopted:
1. Transparency - Fixed and mobile broadband providers must disclose the network management practices, performance characteristics, and terms and conditions of their internet services.
2. No blocking - Fixed broadband providers may not block lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices; mobile broadband providers may not block lawful Web sites, or block applications that compete with their voice or video telephony services.
3. No unreasonable discrimination. Internet service providers may not unreasonably discriminate in transmitting lawful network traffic.
Compliance with these rules is detailed in the following Network Practices bullets below:
1. Affiliated Prioritization - Lindalink does not favor any traffic for the purposes of benefiting an affiliate.
2. Blocking- Lindalink does not block or otherwise prevent access to lawful content.
3. Throttling -Lindalink does not throttle, or otherwise degrade or impair access to, lawful internet traffic and content.
4. Application Specific Behavior - Lindalink does not block or limit lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices, unless explicitly requested by the customer.
5. Paid Prioritization -Lindalink does not favor traffic in exchange for compensation, monetary or otherwise.
6. Congestion Management -Lindalink does not engage in congestion management practices.
7. Security - Lindalink monitors its network for security threats, including malicious traffic, denial of service attacks, and compromised accounts. In cases where customer accounts are determined to be compromised, traffic may be blocked until the account can be secured. Security threats are determined by traffic patterns, and are never related to subject matter or content.
8. Device Attachment Rules -Lindalink does not limit network connectivity by device. For certain residential products, equipment is supplied, and an equipment fee may be applicable.
Lindalink LLC provides internet access via wireless technology. We offer up to 4 Mbps of download and up to 4 Mpbs of upload speeds. Our service is on a month to month basis, no contract is required or termination fee is assessed. We do not have a cap on data downloaded.
Impact of Specialized Services
No specialized services which affect last-mile capacity are currently offered.
Lindalink does not sell personal internet usage information. Customer’s personal usage information is not provided to government or law enforcement without a subpoena. Subpoena policy can be found on our website.
If you have any concerns with these disclosures, please email Linda@lindalink.com